BUILDING & CIVIL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
The department is headed by Engineer Francis Otieno. He is a registered Civil Engineer with Engineers Board of Kenya and a member institute of Engineers of Kenya. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering degree.
To be a world class fully fledged Department of Building and Civil Engineering that plays a pivotal role in human resource in technical fields and infrastructure development.
To provide an academic environment where technical education can be pursued, technical research in technology can be conducted and the interest of the public can be served through the advancement of knowledge.
In pursuit of their mission, the administration and staff in the department join together to:
- Provide a broad based rigorous technical education in building and Civil Engineering at the artisan level
- Provide education and skills at the Certificate level
- Provide education and skills at the Diploma level
- Serve the local community, citizens of the nation and the people of the world
- Technical knowledge: Use their technical knowledge and expertise to identify, formulate and solve problems involving design, experimentation and analysis of a wide variety of Building and Civil Engineering applications.
- Continuous Education: Recognize the need for continuing their education to higher levels.
These objectives are accomplished through rigorous curriculum that emphasizes fundamentals in Technical knowledge in major areas of Building and Civil Engineering.
Trainees from the department can be employed in ever growing construction industry, and civil Engineering industry. Potential employers include real estate development companies, building and construction companies, ministry of works, Kenya National Highways Authority, Standard Gauge Railway Project. Graduates can also pursue careers in research institutions or further their studies in building and civil engineering in higher institutions
COURSES OFFERED IN THE DEPARTMENT
All the courses have an integration of Entrepreneurship, Communication Skills and Life Skills to enable the trainee envisions self-employment and technological advancement.
|S/N||COURSE NAME||QUALIFICATION||DURATION||EXAM BODY|
|1||Artisan in Masonry||KCPE||2 Years||KNEC|
|2||Artisan in Plumbing||KCPE||2 Years||KNEC|
|3||Artisan in Carpentry||KCPE||2 Years||KNEC|
|4||Certificate in Masonry||KCSE D PLAIN||2 Years||KNEC|
|5||Certificate in Carpentry||KCSE D PLAIN||2 Years||KNEC|
|6||Certificate in Building Technology||KCSE D PLAIN||2 Years||KNEC|
|7||Certificate in Plumbing||KCSE D PLAIN||2 Years||KNEC|
|8||Certificate in Painting and Decorating||KCSE D PLAIN||2 Years||KNEC|
|9||Diploma in Building Technology||KCSE C- (MINUS)||3 Years||KNEC|
|10||Diploma in Civil Engineering||KCSE C- (MINUS)||3 Years||KNEC|
|11||Diploma in Quantity Surveying||KCSE C- (MINUS)||3 Years||KNEC|
Mr Francis Otieno (Mr.)
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT.