Besides being an admitting department, it also extends her services to the entire College. All students who enter the College gate must learn some form of computer literacy irrespective of their area of specialties. Besides the basic literacy lessons, the department also teaches these people other elective areas related to the technical and business trade areas in question. The core function is to produce highly qualified trainees with computing skills. The department also prepares candidates for Diploma in Information Communication Technology at KNEC level as well as Certified Information and Communication Technology course offered by KASNEB.
To be “Centre of excellence for teaching Information Communications Technology”
To establish and maintain sufficient and professional teaching service for students in
- To provide quality training opportunities in ICT that will enable trainees to be self reliant to meet emerging changes in technology.
- To enhance teaching/ learning process and curriculum delivery to promote good performance in national examinations.
- To provide ICT extension services to other departments and the community.
- To provide continuous upgrading of ICT skills and knowledge for the labour market.
- Diploma in Information Communication Technology – Module I,II,III (KCSE C-)
- Certified Information Communication Technology level I (CICT)- Module I,II (KCSE D plain)
- Computer System Application Packages (CSAP) – KCPE and above (8 packages, 2 months)
Examining body – KNEC & KASNEB
- JOSEPH WANJUSI
- JACK OGADA
- BARASA JOSEPH NYONGESA
- WILSON KOSKEY
- LEAH MAKETE
- BETTY VIHENDA PHILLIS
- Jesse Songore
- Patrick Asuka
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT.